News[ more news ]
Patient Survey Results25/03/2013
Thank you to those of you who took part in our recent survey. This survey has now been closed. You can see the results by going to the following web site; in the event that you cannot access these, they are available at our practice here
Although the sample size is only small, the results collected were very pleasing, as we saw improvements in all areas.
- THIS TIME 92% of patients described their experience on last visiting the surgery to be ‘good’ (50%) or ‘very good’ (42%)
- LAST TIME 65% of patients described their experience on last visiting the surgery to be 'good' (40%) or 'very good' (25%)
- THIS TIME only 8% of patients found it ‘difficult’ to get an appointment. No patients found it ‘very difficult’.
- LAST TIME 25% of patients found it ‘difficult’ or ‘very difficult’ to get an appointment
- THIS TIME only 17% of patients were ‘quite dissatisfied’ with practice opening hours. No patients were ‘very dissatisfied’.
- LAST TIME 25% of patients were ‘quite dissatisfied’ or ‘very dissatisfied’ with Practice opening hours.
- THIS TIME 100% of patients found the surgery was ‘fairly clean’ or ‘very clean’
- LAST TIME 15% of patients said that the surgery was ‘not very clean’ or ‘not at all clean’
- THIS TIME a minimum of 83% of you felt that consultations with doctors were 'good' or 'very good' in respect of listening, thoroughness, patient involvement in decisions, putting you at ease, explaining issues, patience and showing care and concern
- LAST TIME a minimum of 75% of you felt that consultations with doctors were 'good' or 'very good' in respect of listening, thoroughness, patient involvement in decisions, putting you at ease, explaining issues, patience and showing care and concern
However, there were some areas where we will be investigating how we can make improvements, such as
- 33% of patients (up from 30%) now said that they were 'not very happy' that other patients could overhear what they are saying at reception.
Once again, the top two priorities you clearly identified were
1) Ease of making an appointment
2) The service patients receive from doctors
After the last survey, we circulated an Action Plan identifying your main priorities, please see below a list of what we have managed to complete from that plan so far this year
Ease of making an appointment – Employed new doctors; increased the amount of doctor’s appointments available; carried out a ‘demand and capacity’ exercise to make appts available at times the patients wanted them; added new Health Care Assistant appts
Our Facilities/ Buildings – Patient waiting room refurbished
Practice opening hours – The surgery is now open late on a Thursday evening for appointments with a doctor or an advanced nurse practitioner.
How the Practice communicates with patients – The surgery now has a TV screen in the waiting room with the latest information for patients; The practice website has been reviewed and is now updated with regular news items.
I have reviewed the 'Action Plan' to reflect what has been completed, and for the next 6 months we will be focussing on the section relating to the services you receive from our doctors and nurses.
In the meantime, if you would like to comment or provide feedback on these results please do not hesitate to call me on the number below or send an e-mail to this address (please use the e-mail title "PATIENT SURVEY FEEDBACK"). We have not had any patients indicate that they would be interested in taking part in a face to face meeting to discuss the results, although we will be sharing the results with our existing Patient Participation Group to obtain their feedback. If you are interested in joining the next meeting of the Orchard PPG, you can contact the Chairman Colin Dance on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Thank you for the interest you have shown in helping us to improve the day to day running of the Orchard Practice, I look forward to contacting you with further information in the coming months. If you would like your name removed from our Patient Reference Group list, please reply to this e-mail with "PATIENT SURVEY STOP" in the title. If you have registered for the patient reference group since the new year, we hope to send out our next survey in roughly 4 months time.